Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall

Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall
Inside the front door...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pains, oops more...

Pain in the neck, pain in the butt, pain in the ass... I told my mom right before Easter that I had a pain in my side and was fearful that I might have pulled something in my stomach or abs on the weights deck. (Especially since I'm not real sure what I'm doing up there!) She calls me back the next night--my sister had gone to the doc to get her asthma/allergy relief and casually mentioned that she had a side-ache. Incredibly, she underwent emergency surgery the next morning and has PMP- a very rare form of cancer. I read about it online and it sounds like she may end up in Texas. So, I keep poking a finger into my abs now and then (yes, probably a pulled muscle) but I finally broke down and made an appt for May... Hope all goes well for her. Now: must address envelopes.
Geez--forgot that Brig is wallowing in self-pity with a bright red ear and swollen jaw line--abscessed tooth, poor guy. It's killing him so he goes to the dentist soon-- I must be a wimp and need to suck it up!
So on a lighter note, when I was over at Barry and Sandy's eating soup and delicious warm bread this weekend, somehow our conversation branched out into the absurd. Maybe the dark beer helped...but our tangent had something to do with a new movie that was out: we were talking about bumps in the road being dead adulteresses that were chucked onto the highway...! We were giggling like mad! That's just as bad as telling my daughter that baby chicks couldn't nurse because their beaks would fill up with feathers if they tried. Then it would be like having a mouthful of peanut butter...

No comments: