Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall

Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall
Inside the front door...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Castle Bravo



My daughter had mentioned traveling to the Marshall Islands last summer and eventually I decided to google the place. I've spent a few nights reading about this sad mishmash of horrors and am ashamed that I'd grown up knowing nothing about it. My God, how could this happen? I had wanted to see airfare prices--was it within budget to send her there? Not really, now. As I wrangled the computer away from Briggs tonight, I reminded him to save $ if he's still traveling to Kaunakakai on Hawaii's 'Leper' Island. As he went off to bed, I asked him to check on me at 4:00am since my side is aching weirdly and the doctor wouldn't see me today...he responded with an eye roll and told me to check out Pen Island too-- the dotcom site. Then he ran up the stairs... OH GAWD!! I am so gullible. groan

No comments: