Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall

Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall
Inside the front door...

Thursday, September 3, 2009

No Pain. Hey Texas Deb!

Guess this doesn't have much to do with the 'art page', but maybe it does!
Since a friend of mine killed himself a few weeks ago due to his horrific back pain, I shall post my own summer's back pain relief: a handful of pills and 2 beers, usually at bedtime.
Of course I use the excuse of "collecting beer caps" as an artistic endeavor (I really DO use them and love them); this means I search the shelves for an elusive colorful cap and its getting to be a rather fun (nei painful habit) .

This summer when I was house-sitting, Texas Deb brought up a few different six-packs since the few that were already in the fridge were running low. Combined with Sandy's idea of using caps in a musical instrument, I added many to my collection. Many.
Then Cowboy Doug showed up, so I have even more, plus the local bar/steakhouse is saving them up 'for that lady with the hair'.
I watched a show on 'hoarding' last night--while I realize I am on the brink of this OCD, all the junk I save is used in art projects. 'Someday projects'.
Hey, Texas Deb! (Finally went into the new store last week and shopped--tell Monty 'good job'!)

Anyway: Out of too many kinds to google, I finally settled on the last 4 as my summer favorites. (Not that I've stopped 'researching' the topic, as my chiropractor says I need a neurosurgeon or the Mayo Clinic; I opted for acupuncture next!)
This is totally out of character for me. Somewhat.

No comments: