Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall

Chinese Robe and Diamond Wall
Inside the front door...

Sunday, August 10, 2008

War of the Worlds Art

I'd posted a drawing I started the other night based on a cool jellyfish picture and I couldn't help noticing it's resemblance (in my mind anyway!) to the Tripods on the War of the Worlds movie starring Tom Cruise, though I've cropped the leg section a bit short here...
When this was a brief TV series in the late 80's, I could NOT stay up late and watch it--gave me a really negative/creeped-out feeling. (Other things I couldn't bear to watch: China Beach, Platoon, & American History X-- in which I nearly hysterically scream "Turn it off! Now! Turn the channel!"'-- How someone thought up curb-stompin'... makes me physically sick.)
Anyway, the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics were on, so I was going to sit down and sketch! But during a commercial I flipped the channel and War of the Worlds was on...so I just HAD to watch the Tripods...
Here's a little more Jelly; observed upside down, it resembles little humans....

No comments: